Taper Madness and an angry hamstring!

Week 14 is in the books and I hate t say it but the hamstring is still not 100%. Between that and the craziest week I've had in a long time I am physically and mentally exhausted and taper madness is in full force! Looking back I probably did a little too much running last week.

Monday: Lift legs/back/abs
Tuesday: Intervals: 7x800m at 6:30 pace Easy hilly 7 miles in 1:01
Wednesday: lift arms/abs and easy 5 miles with a friend
Thursday: 6 miles (4 mile tempo 7:15 pace) but I did run negative split: 8:42 8:32 8:21 8:12 8:01 7:50
Friday: P90X Cardio X and chest/back/abs Nothing other than another long work day
Saturday: 16 miles at 8:29 avg pace
Sunday: Easy 5 mile run with Cooper and a friend and yoga





Less than 2 weeks until marathon #27 and I am getting worried. I have rethought my plans and since I have no plans to run Boston in 2016 even if I qualify I am aimed for a comfortable race. Yesterday after watching the coverage I had a slight moment of wanting to be back! Who else was watching Boston coverage? What a rough weather day!


Monday: P90X Chest/Arms/Abs
Tuesday: Tempo 1 mile easy 8 miles at 7:30 1 mile easy
Wednesday: P90X Cardio X and Back/Arms/Abs
Thursday: 6 miles with 3x1600 at 6:45 then back to PT!
Friday: P90X Arms/Abs
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: Inddor Triathlon

My goals this week are to listen to my leg, roll daily and work on eating an anti-inflammatory diet. What are your weekly goals? 

Congrats to everyone who ran Boston yesterday!

Love this picture from yesterday!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...